Monday, September 21, 2009

predictable

Oh, the happy times when I was a graduate student...in Greece. A beautiful thing youth is. Mostly worry free. Food wise... food in the Estiatorio of the University was very, very predictable. To this day I remember that Thursday was chicken ( a favorite), and Saturday was meatloaf (dreaded by many). I had nothing to complain about then and I have nothing to complain about it now. Food was good, predictable and enough. The people working at the cafeteria were in general kind and ready to offer advice, since parents were not around to advice their kids. Kids ...and I was one, needed not bother what to cook today, what to cook tomorrow etc. Perhaps we should adopt the predictable cooking list, shopping list, master a few recipes to perfection and hope that our kids will be open to new possibilities in the future. Good memories about people and places and Greek food flood my mind. Even if at least the food was very predictable, is was so good it was there for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment