Thursday, August 27, 2009

the breakfast dilema

After a good and usually too short night sleep we wake up and hurry ..to dress, to wash, to brush and finally sit down for breakfast. Still in a rush. What is there to do to keep it simple, healthy and not too time consuming?
We probably need some protein. Eggs or yogurt sound good. Coffee? Probably not, I will drink one later anyway and the kids really do not care for it. We try to give them some fruit (and hydrate them at the same time) in the form of smoothies.
Let's see what was grandma eating for breakfast? Any ideas?
Perhaps some dinner leftovers, perhaps tea with toeasted bread and butter - maybe a slice of cheese, maybe jelly?
I wish I had more time to prepare better breakfasts, but sleep is still the more important factor. For the days when I will have more time I will consider making somethings from Mollie Katzen's Sunlight Cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment